Good Morning. How is everyone doing? A couple of weeks ago I had showed you the butterflies I had painted years ago and said I would do a step by step for painting a butterfly. Its taken me a while but finally got round to doing it today. So here goes …
– Groovi Plate Starter Kit Deluxe GRO-SK-40571-XX
– Tina’s Butterfly Fun A5 Square Groovi Plate GRO-AN-40856-03
– Nested Squares Picot Cut Die Set ACC-DI-30666-66
– Alliums Aperture Clarity Fresh Cut Die ACC-DI-30765-44
– Pergamano 6mm Ball Tool – Extra Large PER-TO-70016-XX
– Perga Colours & Mix-Mat Bundle PER-AC-70353-XX
– Round Brush No.2 PER-BR-70044-XX
– Clarity Lightwave LED Light Panel + Free A4 Translucent Piercing Mat ACC-LP-30352-A4
– Groovi Sticker Tabs GRO-AC-40437-XX
– Groovi A5 Parchment (20 Sheets) GRO-AC-40020-XX
– Perga Glue PER-AC-70133-XX
– Micron Pen Set of 7 ACC-PE-30778-XX
– Barbara’s Words Sticker Collection ACC-SC-30849-A5
– Card Blanks 5”x5” White x20 ACC-CA-30617-55
Step 1: With the plate smooth side up, trace the butterfly from Tina’s Butterfly Fun plate with the No. 01 Micron pen.
Step 2: Rub the colour from the pens, PCE27 and PCE16, on the Mix Mat Water
Step 3: With a damp brush, pick up the PCE27 colour on the tip of the brush from the palette. Using a feathering/flicking motion, on the front, add fine thin strokes on the top butterfly wings both from the inside of the wing to outside and outside of the wing to inside. Repeat with PCE 16 for the lower wings. If the brush is too wet, the parchment will buckle. Practice on a piece of parchment so you get smooth strokes. I didn’t worry too much about going outside the black outline as I was going to cut the butterfly out.
Step 4: Rub the colour from PCE14 on the palette. Paint even finer and shorter lines using just the tip of the brush from outside to inside of all the butterfly wings. Make some strokes long and some shorter to avoid a ‘band’.
Step 5: Paint even shorter strokes from outside to inside of the wings using PCE12 after rubbing the colour on the palette and picking it up on just the tip of the brush, once again remembering to make some strokes short and some longer.
Step 6: Rub the colour from PCE20 on the palette and paint tiny strokes from the outside of the wings to the inside.
Step 7: Paint the butterfly body with PCE20. Using the Pergamano 6mm ball tool, emboss the butterfly wings on the back very gently as we don’t want to change the colour but just give the wings a slight curve. Cut out the butterfly. If you prefer you can use your 2-needle perforating tool and picot cut.
Step 8: Stick the 7th from inside square from the Nested Squares Picot Cut Die Set and the Alliums Aperture Clarity Fresh Cut Die on black card using a Groovi tabs and run it through your die cutting machine.
Step 9: Cut a piece of white glitter card to the size 11.5×11.5cm and black card to the size 12x12cm. Layer and stick the card pieces on 5″x5″ folded white card and stick the word sticker. Stick the butterfly on the card using a tiny amount of Perga glue on the back of the body.
Check out the amazing sale that is still on at www.claritystamp.com for lots of bargains. Don’t forget the sale ends tonight at midnight.
Take care. Enjoy!
Sending everyone STAY SAFE WISHES sprinkled with PERGA GLITTER.
Love and laughter,
Tina Cox 🦋